Vangard White Mineral Oils
* Kosher Certified
* NSF Certified
* H1, 3H for Direct Food Contact
* Pharmaceutical Grade
White Oils Overview
VANGARD White oils are highly refined mineral oils that consist of saturated aliphatic and alicyclic nonpolar hydrocarbons. They are hydrophobic, colorless, tasteless, odorless, and do not change color over time. Our white oils are chemically and biologically stable, non-comedogenic, and do not support pathogenic bacterial growth. These properties make white oils the standard in many industries.
White oils make an ideal blending base for personal care and pharmaceutical products. Their inert nature makes them easy to use, as they lubricate, smooth, soften, extend and resist moisture in many formulations. You can find our white oils in products ranging from baby oils and lotions to sunscreens, tissues and antibiotics.
The plastics industry uses our Hydrobrite line of low-volatility white oils in the production of polystyrene, polyolefins, thermoplastic elastomers, and various other polymers to improve and control the melt flow rate of the finished polymer to provide release properties or change the physical characteristics.
Our oils have proven themselves in food applications as wide-ranging as dough divider oils to dust suppression in grain silos. They lubricate food-handling equipment, impregnate wrapping paper to keep foods crisp, control foam in beet sugar and vinegar production, and enhance the leather tanning process. And our low pour-point naphthenic grades improve hot melt adhesives and lubricate air conditioner and refrigerator compressors.
- VANGARD delivers among the highest standards of purity and quality to meet the white mineral oil requirements of various industries
- Highly refined, colorless and odorless Kosher Pareve
- USP (U.S. Pharmacopeia mineral oil) and NF (National Formulary; light mineral oil) grades meet FDA 21 CFR 172.878 and FDA 21 CFR 178.3620(a) requirements for direct and indirect food contact
- NSF 3H and/or HX-1 registered and are available for use as components in various food applications